Wheel of Consent Touchless Intro
Time & Location
About the Event
This is a 2-3 hour introductory workshop to Betty Martin’s Wheel of Consent, in which we do not offer the option of sharing touch with other participants. Instead we will focus on two key teachings of the Wheel:
- A theoretical understanding of the Wheel as a cutting edge communication tool, based around asking the questions: 'Who is doing?' and 'Who is it for?'. This creates four dynamics or quadrants, each of which has a different flavour, and requires a different type of consent agreement
- A solo practice called ‘Waking the Hands’ , which enables us to bring more awareness to our own sense of touch, and the feelings and embodied responses which arise from it.
Because there is no shared touch in this workshop, we have more time to cover the theory and principles of the Wheel through learning and shared discussion, than in the regular Wheel Intro workshop.
Who is this workshop for?
- Anyone who prefers to learn about the Wheel of Consent in a setting where there will be no shared touch.
- Anyone intending to do the Wheel of Consent Weekend Workshop, who prefers to have a theoretical understanding of the Wheel before taking part in any shared touch practice.
- Anyone interested in techniques for self-regulating the nervous system.
- Anyone wanting to learn methods for clearer communication in all areas of life.
Facilitators: Rose C jiggens & Rupert James Alison
When: 7.30pm - 9.30pm
Where: Hackney, London
Cost: £30 (supportive) / £25 (regular) / £20 (low income) / £15 (very low income) sliding scale.
- Regular cost£25£250£0
- Low income£20£200£0
- Very low income£15£150£0